We believe that being paid for gigs automatically via Encore Pay improves the booking experience for both musicians and clients. Bookings are made more secure and simpler to manage on the day of the event.
However, we know that many people aren't always able to pay via card, so we do offer the option of paying outside of the platform (i.e., offline).
How to pay using an offline payment method
- Once you know which musician/s you'd like to book, click the "Book now" button.
- At checkout, once you have confirmed the booking details, and selected the "Basic Protection" option (we don't offer Encore Cover for non-Encore Pay/card bookings), select "Can't pay by card?" and click "I agree to pay by bank transfer". If you need to pay via cash, simply message your musician to confirm this after placing the booking.
- Finally, press "Confirm". The musician will then be sent a notification asking them to accept or decline your request.
- Once the musician has accepted your booking request, you'll need to communicate with the musician/s you have booked to confirm when and how they would like to be paid (for example, in cash on the day, or a cheque after the booking) and a point of contact who will pay them.
- Note: at this point, the musician may ask for a percentage of their performance fee (a deposit) to be paid up front. The payment amount, method and time should be arranged at the discretion of the musician and client.
- If you have confirmed the payment arrangements with your musician/s, then you're all set. Sit back and enjoy the performance!