So, you've listed your job, you've received a selection of applicants, and you've communicated using messages and call requests with your favourites. Now you're ready to make your decision and book the perfect performer for your event.
Your next step is to send your chosen artist a Booking request.
Note: no booking is confirmed on Encore until you've sent a booking request (even if you have made a verbal or written agreement with your artist).
Completing your booking is easy:
- Click the green "Book Now" button on your enquiry page
- Confirm that the details are correct
- Select whether you would like to purchase Encore Cover
- Select your payment method
- Confirm the booking request
Your booking will be secure once the musician has confirmed it on their end.
How does payment work on Encore?
To secure your musician, you will pay a 30% deposit now, and 70% will automatically be charged 28 days before the event. If your event date is within the next 28 days, you will be asked to pay the full fee upfront.
Sending a booking request - in detail
- Head to your Enquiry page and click on the "Book now" button.
- On the next page, check that the booking details match what you've agreed with the artist. Make sure you add any specific details about getting to the venue here (e.g. "park in the church car park, then the door is on the left side of the building". If anything needs updating, please call a member of the Encore Booking Team on 020 3111 1480 and ask them to amend this for you.
- Next, you'll need to select your level of booking protection. Booking cancellations are very unlikely on Encore, but we do recommend that you opt for Encore Cover if you'd like to ensure that you're covered in the event of an emergency.
- In the next step, you'll need to enter your card details or select Bank transfer as your payment method. Note: if you're paying by card, your card will only be charged when the musician accepts your booking request.
- Once you've clicked "Confirm booking", a booking request will be sent to your artist.
If you sent your Booking request to the musician more than 28 days before your event then you'll make your payment in two steps. First, a deposit payment of 30% of the total quote, and then the remaining 70% will be transferred automatically from your account 28 days before the event.
If you sent your Booking request to your musician less than 28 days before your event then you'll make your payment in one transaction. You can learn more about how payments work here.
That's everything - you're now ready to enjoy some brilliant live music!
Paying by card or BACS is the simplest and safest way to make your payment, but if you know you will be unable to pay online, you can select "Need to pay with cash or cheque?". This will give you the option of paying with cash or cheque - however, we cannot offer refunds on any bookings made via these payment methods. To learn more about how payment works on Encore, head here.
Book with confidence
All bookings are protected by our flexible bookings policy, so you won't lose out if you need to cancel or postpone your event.