Watch: A complete guide to Encore Reviews.
In the above video we cover:
- How to add reviews to your Encore profile ⭐️
- Why they're so important 🤔
- The various places reviews can come from 🌍
- Which reviews are the most beneficial 🏅
- Replying to Encore Reviews 📝
- The Review Import tool for new profiles ↩️
Encore reviews are one of the most important parts of your profile.
They provide proof to potential clients that you are a trustworthy, professional musician who has satisfied the briefs of previous clients to a very high standard.
The musicians on Encore who get booked most often are almost always those who have a good number of reviews (usually around 10 or more).
On Encore there are 3 types of review:
Encore reviews can only be received from clients after an Encore gig. They are the most trustworthy form of review and so are prioritised most highly in our musician ranking algorithm.
Once you have performed an Encore gig, we automatically send the client a series of emails prompting them to leave a review:
- 1st prompt: 24 hours after the gig
- 2nd prompt: 72 hours after the gig (only sent if no review left)
- 3rd prompt: 7 days after the gig (only sent if no review left)
Some clients will still forget to leave a review or not see the need - so politely mentioning to your clients that you'd really appreciate it if they left you a review is always a good idea.
What clients see
The form (below) asking your client to review you is found on their Enquiry page, the unique webpage which they will have been using to manage their booking, from the moment they submitted their enquiry all the way to completing the checkout.
They are asked to review you on three criteria:
- Satisfaction: were you satisfied with the standard of their performance?
- Professionalism: were they prepared and courteous?
- Communication: how quickly and clearly did the musician respond to written communication?
- Punctuality: was the musician on time for rehearsals and the performance?
- Head to your Soloist or Group profile 💻
- Go to the Reviews section of your profile using the left side-bar (or the drop-down menu on mobile) ⭐️
- Click Reply to review beneath a review from an Encore customer ⌨️
- Share your thoughts or comments and hit send! ✅
Why should I reply to Reviews?
- Demonstrate your professionalism 👍
- Display your gratitude to the customer 🙏
- Show that you are a real person 👋
- Explain your perspective if there is a disagreement or concern ✌️
Remember: for now, you can only respond to reviews from customers who booked through Encore, so you won't see this option if you only have External Reviews.
How customers see the review form
The customers view once they've left a review
External reviews allow you to build up reviews on your Encore profile without relying on winning bookings to gather Encore reviews.
External reviews can be added to your profile by submitting a form which sends your non-Encore client an email asking them to confirm that they are happy for the review to be added to your profile.
Learn how to add external reviews here.
An example of the automatied email customers receive when you add an external review
If you do not have the contact details necessary to verify an External review, you can add an unverified review. Because we have no way of knowing the validity of these reviews, they are given the least weighting in the Encore ranking algorithm.
Learn how to add unverified reviews here.
External reviews appear in the "From other customers" section on your profile