On this page, you’ll find information about how Encore has adapted to ensure you can still book musicians with confidence during the pandemic.
We know things are a little uncertain at the moment - but you can rest assured, our team will be on hand every step of the way to help make sure your booking runs smoothly.
- How we’ve adapted
- Help with an existing booking
How we’ve adapted
What can you expect from Encore?
We’re here to make sure you feel comfortable and safe every step of the way.
1) Your money is safe - We’re proud to be the only music company in the UK currently offering full refunds to customers affected by the COVID-19. Encore is the safest place to book musicians. Read the full details of our new policy below.
2) Guaranteed performance 🎶 - With our Encore Cover policy, in the unlikely event your musician becomes ill, we’ll find you a suitable replacement. If like the majority of our customers you have included Encore Cover in your booking, our team will be on hand any day and time to source a suitable replacement act (that you approve of) - we’ll even pay the difference if they cost a bit more.
3) Transparent communication 📞 - Our musicians have all been vetted by us for quality, professionalism and reliability - so you can expect communication with them to be very clear and transparent. However, if you ever need further information, our team are a phone call away.
4) The Encore COVID Event guide ✅ - We’ve curated a handy checklist to help you make sure your event is COVID-secure.
Our new full refund guarantee:
For bookings made after 14 October 2020, our updated terms ensure that you'll receive a full refund if your event can no longer take place or the number of guests is significantly restricted due to COVID-19.
Read the full terms here.
If you decide to cancel for any other reason related to COVID-19, you’re also protected: we’ll immediately refund you the 70% balance paid 28 day before your event. The remaining 30% will remain available to you as Encore credit to use at any time in the future towards any booking on Encore.
Don’t think you’ll need the store credit in future? You can also give the credit in the form of a gift card or voucher for friends and family.
How will musicians ensure safety and distancing?
Our musicians will:
✅ Adhere to current social distancing guidelines and follow
✅ Bring their own bottle of water and hand sanitiser.
✅ Wear a mask and/or gloves if requested when not performing. Some instrumentalists like guitarists can still wear a mask while performing - this will have to be agreed between you and the musician.
✅ Call you to discuss any health & safety concerns after the booking confirmation. Both parties must be aware of how the event will run and what is expected from both the client and supplier to ensure a safe event.
✅ Cancel the booking with as much notice as possible if they’ve experienced or been in contact with someone who has developed symptoms like a new/continuous cough, a high fever or a loss of sense of taste/smell. Don’t worry though: with Encore Cover we will find you a suitable replacement, otherwise you’ll always get your money back.
✅ Inform you in the unlikely event that they develop any other form of sickness. You can then decide together whether you are comfortable proceeding with the booking.
How to book
Booking on Encore is really easy. Just click ‘Book Now’ next to the musician’s quote or reach out to a booking specialist on live chat. (We’re online between 10am-5pm but you can still drop us a message outside of working hours and we’ll pick it up as soon as possible).
We recommend paying by card using our secure Encore Pay system - this means you can pay with any debit or credit card (including Amex). Select ‘can’t pay by card’ at the checkout page if you’d prefer to pay by Bank Transfer (BACS).
We ask for a 30% deposit to secure a booking with the remaining balance processed automatically 28 days before your event. Musicians receive this final payment 24 hours after they have performed for you and your guests.
If you wish to secure your booking and would like flexible payment options simply email your assigned bookings expert or call us on 020 3111 1480.
Want to book music remotely? Try one of our virtual music services.
Help with an existing booking
How to cancel
We’ve been continually updating and adapting our terms to help customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please let us know if you need to cancel or postpone your event (using the cancel / postpone button on your enquiry page), and our support team will be happy to talk through your options based on your booking terms.
What our customers have said about our dedicated support team:
- 'Jac and I would like to express our sincere thanks to you, Encore and the band for your assistance & support in making this change stress free during such challenging times.'
- 'Thank you so much for all your time and understanding since we first corresponded with you. I would have no hesitation in recommending you to everyone I know.
- ‘Thank you, you've been very helpful! The entire team has been very helpful through this.'
- What if I need to change my event details?
- What payment methods are accepted?
- Do the quotes include VAT, travel & equipment?
- How can I cancel a booking?
- What if the artist cancels?
1) Live chat - Mon to Fri, 10am - 5pm (or message any time and we will pick it up
when we are back online)
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Request a call from your own booking specialist, or email them using the help section at the bottom of your enquiry page.
4) Out of hours support In the event of an emergency, contact us via the emergency support form, linked in your booking confirmation email.
Encore Coronavirus event guide
We've put together the ultimate guide for helping you plan your COVID-friendly event. Read a short summary below or check out the full guide here.
- Review your event itinerary ✅
- Communicate transparently with your musician about expectations 📞
- Ensure social distancing is in place 👫
- Provide cleanliness stations 🚿
- Take your event outside if possible 🌳
- Contact all attendees after the event if anyone develops symptoms 😷
References & Other Guidance
National Health Service
(WHO) World Health Organisation
CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
PHE (Public Health England)
Association of Event Organisers (AEO)