The world of live events has changed, so we've changed too. Here's how we've adapted at Encore to make sure you can book your musicians with confidence.
- Our COVID measures - keeping you safe
- First-Rate Customer Support
- Terms of Full Refund Guarantee
- Postponing your Booking
- Musician safety measures
- Tips for putting on a COVID-secure event
For bookings made after 14 October 2020 and before 7 July 2022
If you have made a booking on Encore between 14 October 2020 and 7 July 2022, here's a quick summary of the ways we've adapted to make things easier and safer for you.
Our terms ensure that you'll receive a full refund if your event can no longer take place due to government restrictions.
😎 Postponing or cancelling is easy - Please let us know if you need to postpone or cancel your event by using the cancel / postpone button on your enquiry page.
🛡️ COVID-secure performances - Our musicians know how to offer safe live music performances and you’ll be able to discuss any health & safety concerns with them ahead of your event.
✅ We’ve made a handy checklist to help you make sure your event is COVID-secure.
🖥️ Prefer to listen to music in the comfort of your own home?
Try one of our virtual music services!
💬 We’re here to help - We know things are a little uncertain at the moment - but don't worry, our team is on hand to ensure your booking runs smoothly and you feel comfortable and safe every step of the way.
- Live chat: available Mon to Fri, 10am - 5pm (or message any time and we will pick it up when we are back online)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Out of hours support - if you need urgent out of hours support, please contact us via the emergency support form, which can be found on your enquiry page and in your booking confirmation email.
💌 What our customers have said about our dedicated support team:
- 'Jac and I would like to express our sincere thanks to you, Encore and the band for your assistance & support in making this change stress free during such challenging times.’
- Thank you so much for all your time and understanding since we first corresponded with you. I would have no hesitation in recommending you to everyone I know. Steph'
- 'Thank you, you've been very helpful! The entire team has been very helpful through this.'
Full refund guarantee - our terms:
You are eligible for a refund if your booking falls within at least one of the following categories:
- Government enforced restrictions mean your event cannot legally take place.
- Government enforced restrictions legally prohibit your musician from performing at your event.
- You contract COVID-19, leading to the event being cancelled.
- A key member of your wedding party contracts COVID-19, leading to the event being cancelled.
- You are required to self-isolate, leading to your event being cancelled.
- Government enforced restrictions legally prohibit you or key members of your wedding party from travelling to your event location.
- Government imposed guest limit reduces the scope of your event whereby the planned event size is at least double the imposed restricted size based on planned guests.
Please note that you will be required to provide proof of eligibility when claiming your refund. You may be asked for one or several of the following documents:
- A copy of the official test result notification, including the person's name and the date
- A copy of the track & trace or other instruction to self-isolate, including the person's name and the date
- Proof that your event has had to be cancelled
- Evidence of government enforced travel restrictions on the date of your event
If the musician has already purchased any travel, accommodation or made purchases related to the booking which are non-refundable, these will be deducted from your refund.
Postponing your Booking
If your event is directly affected by Covid-19 but you are not eligible under our Full Refund terms, our team is on hand to help you postpone your booking.
Simply click the Postpone button on your booking page, and we'll be in touch. You can also put your booking on hold if you don't have a new date yet.
Please note that there is no postponement fee for bookings that are being rescheduled due to Covid, however your musician may ask to adjust their quote to account for the difference in dates between the two bookings.
If the musician has already purchased any travel, accommodation or made purchases related to the original booking which are non-refundable, payment will be required to cover those costs.
Musician safety measures
Our musicians follow strict safety measures to ensure you and your guests are comfortable and safe at all times.
Our musicians will:
✅ Adhere to current social distancing guidelines and follow government advice.
✅ Bring their own bottle of water and hand sanitiser.
✅ Wear a mask and/or gloves if requested when not performing. Some instrumentalists can still wear a mask while performing - this will have to be agreed between you and the musician ahead of your event.
✅ Call you to discuss any health & safety concerns after the booking is confirmed.
✅ Cancel the booking with as much notice as possible if they’ve experienced or been in contact with someone who has developed symptoms like a new/continuous cough, a high fever or a loss of sense of taste/smell. If this were to happen, you would be entitled to a full refund.
✅ Inform you in the unlikely event that they develop any other form of sickness. You can then decide together whether you are comfortable proceeding with the booking.
Encore Coronavirus event guide
We've put together the ultimate guide to help you plan your COVID-secure event. Read our short summary below or check out the full guide here.
- Review your event itinerary ✅
- Communicate with your musician ahead of time 📞
- Ensure social distancing is in place 👫
- Provide sanitation stations 🚿
- Take your event outside if possible 🌳
- Contact all attendees after the event if anyone develops symptoms 😷