What are external reviews
Reviews are one of the most important aspects of your profile when trying to win business online.
The same is even more true for customers spending hundreds or thousands of pounds on live music, especially if they’ve never done it before.
We understand that many of your gigs are booked outside of Encore, so we built a tool which enables you to convert positive customer feedback into Encore star reviews. This can be any type of feedback! External reviews can come from:
Facebook Messenger/WhatsApp messages
Reviews from other booking platforms
Written thank you notes
Facebook or Google+ reviews
How to add an external review
- Head to the External reviews page here (you can find a link from your Dashboard)
- Add the details of the event you were reviewed for and copy in the review which the client left you
- Write your client a personal message asking them to confirm that they’re happy for the review to be added to your profile
- The client receives an email (including your message and the review) with a Big Green Button asking them to confirm
- The client clicks ‘Confirm’ and the review is added to your profile with the identifier ‘Verified external review’ (see example below)
Things to note:
- External reviews won’t allow less-experienced musicians to ‘game’ our ranking algorithm; reviews for Encore gigs will still be weighted much more strongly.
- We recommend you add at least 10 external reviews to get started. A recent study by our friends at Bridebook, showed that clients were more likely to book suppliers with at least 7 reviews.
- It should go without saying, but external reviews should only ever be from real clients for real gigs, and never generic compliments from friends or family. Not only does this look unprofessional, but it damages the trustworthiness of the Encore platform and we may have to ban your account if this occurs.
From the blog: