The Encore musician score is a number used to quantify the most important characteristics of an artist on Encore. It is used on the platform for a number of purposes:
- It informs the order in which profiles appear to clients in search and enquiry listings
- It helps determine which musicians are eligible for which Encore features, like applying for jobs
We believe in being as transparent as possible to our musicians, so we want to be clear about how this score is calculated. In order of weighting, here are the factors which contribute to your Encore score:
- Number of bookings and reviews gathered from clients who booked you through Encore
- Quality of videos on your profile (are your videos professionally shot, and do they show you giving an outstanding performance). You can learn more about how video quality is reviewed here.
- Quality of profile picture. You can learn more about how profile pictures are reviewed here.
- Average response time to client communications (messages, call requests, booking requests, and direct enquiries) and completeness of contact details (have you added a mobile number and verified your bank account)
- Number of reviews left by non-Encore clients (such as external reviews, testimonials and references)
- Profile completeness (does your profile include all these minimum requirements)
A few other features help clients but may not necessarily correlate with being an excellent musician, so these weakly affect your score:
- Verifying your account by adding the Encore badge to your website
- Completing your Availability calendar
- Verifying your bank account
How the Encore score was created
When creating the score, we conducted extensive research, speaking to hundreds of clients to understand exactly what it was that made them want to book a particular musician on Encore. We found that the most important factors in their decision were trust, quality of performance, and speed of response. The score therefore reflects the needs of clients - reviews and testimonials generate trust, a complete profile with excellent video displays your quality, and replying quickly to clients dramatically increases the chances of them booking you.
The score will be continually adjusted as new features are added to the Encore site to ensure that only the best musicians on Encore receive the top scores (and the score cannot be 'gamed' by less experienced performers).