What are admins?
Group admins are individual Encore members who manage Group profiles, editing page content and adding or removing group members.
- complete and update the information on the profile
- receive job alerts and apply for jobs on behalf of the group
- communicate with clients on behalf of the group
How to become a group admin
To become an admin of a group you need to first create an individual Encore profile. You can become group admins in three ways.
- If you create a group you will automatically become the group admin.
- If the group has already been created, first add the group to your profile, then head to the Group page and scroll down to the group members section. Click the small "..." symbol and then "Request admin access" (see screenshot). Note: any existing group admins will be notified that you've added yourself.
- If you're already a group admin, you can give another member of the group admin access by heading to your Settings tab and entering their name under "Add new admin" (see screenshot).
How to remove admin status
If you are the only group admin, you cannot remove your admin status. This would leave a group profile stranded on Encore without anyone managing it (a pretty sad situation for the group).
You can either delete the group entirely or make someone else in the group an admin.
Once you have another admin in the group, you can remove your admin status by clicking the "Remove admin status" button from your Group Settings tab.