We want to ensure you never miss out on job opportunities or other crucial updates.
Since there are so many great gig opportunities being sent to Encore members these days, there’s a small chance your email provider thinks we’re spamming you and will hide or block them from reaching you.
If you've experienced issues with our job alert emails landing in your spam or junk folder (or not receiving them at all), it's essential to whitelist Encore's email addresses. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to whitelist our emails on popular email providers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and AOL.
What is Whitelisting?
Whitelisting is a process that tells your email provider that you trust specific email addresses and want their messages (like job alert emails), delivered to your inbox. By whitelisting Encore's email addresses, you ensure you’re among the first to know about gig opportunities and never miss important messages.
Whitelisting Encore's Email Addresses for Job Alerts:
- Whitelisting in Gmail:
- 1. Click the gear icon in Gmail and select "See all settings" from the Quick settings menu.
- 2. Navigate to "Filters and Blocked Addresses" in the top menu.
- 3. Select "Create a new filter."
- 4. In the “From” field, add the specific email (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) or the whole domain (@encoremusicians.com).
- 4. Click "Create filter."
- 5. Check "Never send it to Spam" in the checkbox.
- 6. Click "Create filter."
- Whitelisting in Outlook:
- 1. Click the gear icon in Outlook and select "View all Outlook settings."
- 2. Choose "Mail" from the settings menu.
- 3. Select "Junk email" from the submenu.
- 4. Click "Add" under "Safe senders and domains."
- 5. Enter the email address you want to whitelist (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 6. Choose "Save."
- Whitelisting in Yahoo:
- 1. Open Yahoo Mail and log into your account.
- 2. Navigate to “Settings” and click “More Settings.”
- 3. Select “Filters” and hit “Add” to enter the email you’d like to whitelist.
- 4. Name the filter and add the email addresses (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- 5. Select to send all mail to “Inbox.”
- 6. Save your settings.
- Whitelisting in AOL:
- 1. Log in to your AOL account.
- 2. Open “Contacts” from the left navigation pane.
- 3. Click the “New Contact” icon and add the email address.
- 4. Click the “Add Contact” button.
- 5. Add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your new trusted contact.